from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a person who collates
- n. a machine that selects, merges and matches decks of punch cards; a program that merges files
- n. a police officer who maintains criminal records and analyzes them for intelligence
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who collates manuscripts, books, etc.
- n. One who collates to a benefice.
- n. One who confers any benefit.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who collates or makes a collation.
Sorry, no etymologies found.