from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person with a good sense of humor.
- n. A performer or writer of humorous material.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who writes or performs humorous material.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who attributes diseases of the state of the humors.
- n. One who has some peculiarity or eccentricity of character, which he indulges in odd or whimsical ways.
- n. One who displays humor in speaking or writing; one who has a facetious fancy or genius; a wag; a droll; especially, one who writes or tells jokes as a profession.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who attributes all diseases to a depraved state of the humors; a humoralist.
- n. A person who acts according to his humor; one easily moved by fancy, whim, or caprice; a person of eccentric conduct or uncertain temper.
- n. A person who possesses the faculty of humor; one who entertains by the exercise of a comical fancy; a humorous talker, writer, or actor; a wag; a droll.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who acts speaks or writes in an amusing way
Sorry, no etymologies found.