from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who theorizes; a theoretician.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. someone who constructs theories, especially in the arts or sciences
- n. an expert of some theory (v.)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who forms theories; one given to theory and speculation; a speculatist.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who forms theories; one given to theory and speculation; a speculatist. It is often used with the implication of a lack of practical capacity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who theorizes (especially in science or art)
Sorry, no etymologies found.