from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who writes plays; a dramatist.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A writer and creator of theatrical plays.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A maker or adapter of plays.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A writer or adapter of plays for the stage.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who writes plays
play + wright (“builder, craftsman”) (Wiktionary)