Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which scores or notches. An instrument used by woodmen in marking numbers, etc., on forest-trees.
- n. One who scores or records a score; specifically, one who keeps the score or marks the game in cricket, base-ball, a shooting-match, or the like.
- n. One who scores.
- n. One who scores: a scorekeeper.
- n. cricket Either of a pair of people, one provided by each side, who record in a specially formatted book, every ball bowled, every run scored, and every wicket that falls
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who, or that which, scores.
- n. an official who records the score during the progress of a game
- n. a player who makes a score in a game or contest
- n. a logger who marks trees to be felled
“THE GOOD NEWS: Four starters and a 15 ppg scorer from the 2008-09 season return for a season that should be one of the most highly-anticipated this program's had in the last decade.”
“Despite dismissing its leading scorer from the team a day earlier for undisclosed reasons, West Aurora's victory puts them in the lead 127-86 in their basketball rivalry with the 213th game.”
“Morin, a skilled scorer, is expected to be one of the top American players chosen in the NHL draft.”
“THE BAD NEWS: The same challenge remains: Who can be a consistent shooter, a consistent scorer from the outside?”
“To say that Bill was a pretty good official scorer is like saying Ted Williams was a pretty good hitter.”
“In his last three games, the Mavericks 'leading scorer is averaging 14.6 points while shooting only 32.5 percent.”
“Setoguchi, the team's third-leading scorer, is expected to rejoin the team in time for San Jose's game Wednesday against Minnesota. ...”
“One friend, a noted B&C scorer from a Midwestern state noted for pumping out monster deer, told me that of the 40 top bucks in our state (divided evenly between typical and non-typical bucks, killed by gun and bow), 20 of the hunters had sold their racks to a collector.”
“George Parros had more goals through the first nine games than the Anaheim Ducks 'top scorer from a season ago (Corey Perry) and just as many as Teemu Selanne and Ryan Getzlaf.”
“(AP) - Although being a primary scorer is a new role for Chris Kaman, he's adjusting quite well to being the focus of the Los Angeles Clippers offense.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘scorer’.
A Russian Doll word is a word that, when you remove the first and last letters, is either the empty string, or a Russian Doll word. These are all of the 6 or more letter Russian Doll words found in...
Looking for tweets for scorer.