from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who scores.
- n. One who scores: a scorekeeper.
- n. Either of a pair of people, one provided by each side, who record in a specially formatted book, every ball bowled, every run scored, and every wicket that falls
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, scores.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which scores or notches.
- n. One who scores or records a score; specifically, one who keeps the score or marks the game in cricket, base-ball, a shooting-match, or the like.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an official who records the score during the progress of a game
- n. a player who makes a score in a game or contest
- n. a logger who marks trees to be felled
Sorry, no etymologies found.