from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One skilled in stenography, especially one employed to take and transcribe dictation or testimony.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. someone skilled in the transcription of speech (for example, a secretary who takes dictation)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who is skilled in stenography; a writer of shorthand.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who writes shorthand.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone skilled in the transcription of speech (especially dictation)
stenography + -er. (Wiktionary)