American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One who is in charge of official records.
- n. An officer in a college or university who keeps the records of enrollment and academic standing.
- n. An officer of a corporation responsible for maintaining records of ownership of its securities.
- n. An admitting officer in a hospital.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One whose business it is to write or keep a register or record; a keeper of records.
- n. An official who acts as secretary to the congregation of a university.
- n. An official keeper, or recorder of records.
- n. An officer in a university who keeps enrollment and academic achievement records.
- n. An officer in a hospital who records admissions.
- n. Internet a service that manages domain names.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who registers; a recorder; a keeper of records. See register, n., 3.
- n. the administrator responsible for student records
- n. someone responsible for keeping records
- n. a person employed to keep a record of the owners of stocks and bonds issued by the company
- From Medieval Latin registrarius, from registrum ("register") + -arius ("agent"). See more at register. (Wiktionary)
- Probably from registrary, from Medieval Latin registrārius, from registrum, register; see register. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The fact that the registrar is the same does NOT prove that the sites are related.”
“The Microsoft demanded that Cryptome take down the copyright document, Cryptome editor John young refused, and Microsoft asked domain registrar Network Solutions to block the site under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Network solutions complied, although as is apparent from the links above, a partial backup version of the site as well as the disputed document itself remain available.”
“If I'm reading the pop-up window correctly, domain registrar Godaddy recommends against purchasing. tv domain names because the island of Tuvalu, which the domain represents, is sinking.”
“If they don't marry in synagogue, a civic registrar is present to provide that certificate.”
“Next Post: Avoid being duped by a shonky domain registrar »”
“Avoid being duped by a shonky domain registrar | Lifehacker Australia”
“« Previous Post: Avoid being duped by a shonky domain registrar”
“This message from Markos: Guys, thanks to extraordinarily bad service from GoDaddy. com, my domain registrar, the situation wasn't resolved today.”
“But surely the job of a registrar is to uphold those bits of the law over which he has jurisdiction, not to pick and choose which laws he likes.”
“Because I have not received my absentee ballot and after reading this post, I called the registrar's office.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘registrar’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
words from work
From Notre Dame de Paris by good ole Victor Hugo. (Also called The Hunchback of Notre Dame.)
The Last Good Words Left
The 'who does what' vocabulary of university life.
Looking for tweets for registrar.