from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A handbook of mathematical tables used to facilitate computation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who reckons.
- n. An accountant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who reckons or computes; also, a book of calculations, tables, etc., to assist in reckoning.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who reckons or computes: as, a rapid reckoner.
- n. Something that assists a person to reckon or cast up accounts, as a book containing a series of tables; a ready-reckoner.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an expert at calculation (or at operating calculating machines)
- n. a handbook of tables used to facilitate computation
Sorry, no etymologies found.