from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A woman regarded as slovenly or untidy; a slattern.
- n. A strumpet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A woman held by others as retaining a vulgar and discourteous disposition.
- n. A strumpet, a whore
- v. to act in a sluggish or slovenly manner
- v. to dangle soggily : become bedraggled
- v. to behave like a trollop
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A stroller; a loiterer; esp., an idle, untidy woman; a slattern; a slut; a whore.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To draggle; hang in a wet state.
- To walk or work in a slovenly manner.
- n. A loose, hanging rag.
- n. A woman who is slovenly in dress, appearance, or habits; a slattern; a draggletail; also, a woman morally loose.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a woman adulterer
- n. a dirty untidy woman
I am sure the reporters would go on record; besides, who makes up the word trollop?
He also called his own wife a c*nt, directly and used the word trollop in reference.
What a scene: the great and prudish orator bent over the hand of the most titled trollop in Rome!
He made that Merchant of Venice weighing motion with his hands, as though to suggest that in the scale of things, a lapse was a lapse and a trollop was a trollop.
He's imploding and that "trollop" video is going more viral than anything since the Macaca video.
The story is funny and the word "trollop" is awesome, but it's obviously a ploy to sell a book.
Maybe that "trollop" Cindy stole them from him ...
Will he call her a 'trollop' and the "C" word like he did his wife?
Before we get into it, I'd like to thank you for injecting the word "trollop" into the 2008 debate.
Throw in another word, "trollop" and try it again. 365,000 hits.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.