from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A woman prostitute.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A female prostitute; a woman who is very sexually active.
- n. A female adulterer.
- n. A mistress.
- n. A trollop, a whore.
- v. To debauch.
- v. To dishonour with the reputation of being a strumpet; to belie; to slander.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A prostitute; a harlot.
- adj. Of or pertaining to a strumpet; characteristic of a strumpet.
- transitive v. To debauch.
- transitive v. To dishonor with the reputation of being a strumpet; hence, to belie; to slander.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A prostitute; a harlot; a bold, lascivious woman: also used adjectively.
- To make a strumpet of; bring to the condition of a strumpet.
- To call or treat as a strumpet; give an ill name to; slander seurrilously.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a woman adulterer
Middle English.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)