from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A woman who commits adultery. See Usage Note at -ess.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A woman or girl who commits adultery.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A woman who commits adultery.
- n. A woman who violates her religious engagements.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A woman guilty of adultery. Formerly also spelled adultress.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a woman adulterer
adulterer + -ess (Wiktionary)