from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A house adjoining a tollgate and occupied by a toll collector.
- n. See tollbooth1.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A building where a toll is collected on a toll road.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A house occupied by a receiver of tolls.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as tollbooth.
- n. A house placed on or beside a road near a toll-gate, or at the end of a toll-bridge, where the toll-taker is stationed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a booth at a tollgate where the toll collector collects tolls
toll + house (Wiktionary)