from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A woman prostitute.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a female prostitute
- v. To play the harlot; to practice lewdness.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A churl; a common man; a person, male or female, of low birth.
- n. A person given to low conduct; a rogue; a cheat; a rascal.
- n. A woman who prostitutes her body for hire; a prostitute; a common woman; a strumpet.
- adj. Wanton; lewd; low; base.
- intransitive v. To play the harlot; to practice lewdness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fellow; a varlet; a male servant: often used opprobriously. Compare varlet.
- n. A woman who prostitutes her body for hire; a prostitute; a common woman.
- Pertaining to or like a harlot; wanton; lewd; low; base.
- To practise lewdness with harlots or as a harlot.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a woman who engages in sexual intercourse for money
Middle English, vagabond, rogue, lecher, harlot, from Old French arlot, herlot, vagabond.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)