from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A girl or young woman who is considered pert, flirtatious, or impudent.
- n. Obsolete A promiscuous woman.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A pert, flirtatious or impudent young woman.
- n. A mink.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A pert or a wanton girl.
- n. A she puppy; a pet dog.
- n. The mink; -- called also minx otter.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A pert girl; a hussy; a jade; a baggage.
- n. A female puppy.
- n. Same as mink.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a seductive woman who uses her sex appeal to exploit men
Probably from obsolete mynx, playful little dog, perhaps from alteration of obsolete Dutch minneken, darling; see minikin.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Perhaps from Middle Low German minsk ("wench, hussy") (Wiktionary)
See mink. (Wiktionary)