American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A bogeyman.
- n. Slang Dried nasal mucus.
- n. Slang An item that is unnamed or unnameable: "It's . . . like a pop-top . . . one of those sharp little boogers you pull off the beer cans” ( Hunter S. Thompson).
- n. Slang A worthless, despicable person.
- n. Slang A person; a fellow.
- n. US A piece of solid or semisolid mucus in or removed from the nostril.
- n. US, slang A thing; especially a problematic or difficult thing.
- n. surfing, slang, mildly derogatory bodyboarder
- n. an imaginary monster used to frighten children
- n. dried nasal mucus
- From boogie board. (Wiktionary)
- Origin unknown. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“She asked in a tone that was roughly equal the one she'd likely use to ask, "So, were you EVER planning on wiping that booger from the middle of your forehead?”
“If your response to "You have a booger" is "Oh, that’s nice, dear," then I’ll know miscommunication has occurred!”
“I said when I went into the theater that I wouldn't be satisfied unless this booger was the worst thing I'd seen since Bloodrayne, and I was disappointed on that count.”
“How many of you guys and gals will admit to having felt a "booger"?”
“In the south we call something ghostly or unexplainable a "booger".”
“All the judges thought Fabio's "booger" was too meatball-y and meatloaf-y, not burger-y enough.”
“I double-hate Fabio's dish because he keeps calling it a "booger" in his accent, which seems to be even more exaggerated than it was on his first season on the show, just sayin'.”
“So my primary example of substitution is using the word "booger" instead of "bugger".”
“It might also work for folks who ordinarily dislike raisins-especially those who - if you will excuse me-go in for "booger" comparisons.”
“(Actually, while "booger" has a widely-understood meaning, an informal survey of Southern political writers revealed complete puzzlement over "hanks," although one thought it might be a bastardization of "haints," or ghosts.)”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘booger’.
to cepstrumize a word is to reverse its 1st 4 characters in the way that "cepstrum" was derived from "spectrum" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cepstrum...
This is just a list, right, that I'm gonna, like, fill with words, that, like, are every word that I can, like, think of with, ahhmm, my brain.
learn something new or stump a friend -
english 7- summer school
words that I refuse to say out loud.
Ah, yeah, this is a list of words that I think sound pretty funny... or dumb, either way, I like 'em so, yeah.
My pets' names and nicknames past and present
I gotta remember these.
Human body sheddings, secretions, and offscum. Sometimes we gotta exuviate!
off the gound is a list of eye booger words made by trivet.
Inspired by kad...
Looking for tweets for booger.