from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An often homeless boy who roams about the streets; an urchin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A street urchin; a homeless boy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A neglected and untrained city boy; a young street Arab.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A neglected and precociously knowing street-boy; an unruly boy running about at his own will. Also called street Arab.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (sometimes offensive) a homeless boy who has been abandoned and roams the streets
French.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French gamin. (Wiktionary)