from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of a Semitic people inhabiting Arabia, whose language and Islamic religion spread widely throughout the Middle East and northern Africa from the seventh century.
- n. A member of an Arabic-speaking people.
- n. An Arabian horse.
- n. Offensive Slang A waif.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or pertaining to Arabs and their nations
- n. A Semitic person, whose antecedents were from Arabia
- n. A member of an Arabic-speaking community
- n. A particular breed of horse.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of a swarthy race occupying Arabia, and numerous in Syria, Northern Africa, etc.
French Arabe, from Latin Arabs, from Greek Araps, Arab-, from Arabic 'arab.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Arabic عرب (3arab) "Arabs" or عربي (3arabiy) "Arab" (adjective), "Arabic". (Wiktionary)