American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A street urchin.
- n. A person of the lowest class.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The common American or Wilson's snipe, Gallinago wilsoni or delicata.
- n. A gatherer of rags and waste paper from gutters.
- n. A street child of the lowest class; a street Arab; a gamin.
- n. An oblong form of printed placard made to be posted on the curbstones of gutters.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. [Slang] a neglected boy running at large; a street Arab.
- n. United States, United States A small poster, suitable for a curbstone.
- n. United States A curbstone broker.
- n. same as street Arab.
- n. a person of low moral character.
- n. a child who spends most of his time in the streets especially in slum areas
“Sinn Fein deputy rebuked Dermot for using the word "guttersnipe" in the chamber.”
“For his part, Truman regarded the columnist as a "guttersnipe," and with good reason.”
“And so, with this in mind, and in the spirit of wild experimentation, this week, in place of the usual guttersnipe sneering, I bring you art.”
“Or is she just being kind to a little guttersnipe?”
“Why am I even talking to this guttersnipe, anyway?”
“She's a guttersnipe who already set the tone of the campaign.”
“I honestly cannot see, how Hillary can ever win this Democratic Nomination without some guttersnipe hits on Barack!”
“GWB was so classy..and the Chicago guttersnipe so out of touch with reality!”
“Knowing your parentage, I'm not surprised by your guttersnipe manners," says I. "Get to the point, and keep your impertinences to yourself.”
“Cause otherwise, we'll be linguistically indistinct, and I hate that worse than the lying venal crass classless guttersnipe called the Clintons.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘guttersnipe’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Words that clatter and tumble
A list of compound derogatory names such as gapeseed, muckworm and lickspittle. Your one-word contributions to this list are welcome.
See sionnach's list derogatory terms I should use ...
These come from gamma meditation ,I think.
An extensive list I have been working on for quite some time. Feel free to add more of the kind if you miss any.
already several of these lists, but I wanted my own
According to the Irish Times, the Irish Independent, and other media, these words have been deemed "unparliamentary."
For those who wish no words were ever forgotten
Looking for tweets for guttersnipe.