from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An upward thrust, especially of part of the earth's crust.
- transitive v. To thrust or be thrusted upward. Used especially of the earth's crust.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. an upward thrust
- n. buoyancy
- n. an upward movement of part of the Earth's crust
- v. to thrust something upwards
- v. to be thrust upwards
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A thrust in an upward direction; in geology, an upheaval; an uplift.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (geology) a rise of land to a higher elevation (as in the process of mountain building)
Sorry, no etymologies found.