from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A vulgar person, especially one who makes a conspicuous display of wealth. See Synonyms at boor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A vulgar individual, especially one who emphasizes or is oblivious to their vulgar qualities.
- adj. Having the characteristics of a vulgarian, vulgar.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A vulgar person; one who has vulgar ideas. Used also adjectively.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A vulgar person; especially, a rich person with low or vulgar ideas.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a vulgar person (especially someone who makes a vulgar display of wealth)
vulgar + -ian. Compare Late Latin vulgarius, Latin vulgaris. (Wiktionary)