American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A hen; a fowl.
- n. Slang A woman, especially a garrulous old one.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A familiar name for a hen.
- n. An Irish female domestic; a servant-girl.
- n. pejorative a woman, especially an old woman; especially one regarded as fussy or mean or a gossipy busybody.
- n. an attractive little girl
- n. archaic (colloquial) - An Irish maidservant.
- n. by extension (derogatory) Any Irishwoman
- n. A name used in calling a hen or chicken, often as "biddybiddybiddy".
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A name used in calling a hen or chicken.
- n. colloq. An Irish serving woman or girl.
- n. young bird especially of domestic fowl
- n. adult female chicken
- Origin unknown.Nickname for Bridget. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Of course I've heard the word biddy before, but when I hear it I think of old ladies who are a little bit cranky.”
“After learning from Going like Sixty that a biddy is a chicken, I invite you to write your first 50 words on the topic “biddy” in a comment.”
“Before your heart is stricken and you become severly sickened check with your local wiccan to know a biddy is a chicken. on May 29, 2007 at 12:49 pm | Reply first 50”
“-- Do you use Google's 411 service and love the 'biddy' sound it makes?”
“Many should also find some amusement in the British houseguest who breastfeeds her 25-year-old son and likes to offer up her "biddy" to anyone who might require it.”
“When I first read it, I saw all the way to my grave in the character of Madame de Farge, the old biddy who silently weaves the code of revolution into the blankets she crochets.”
“Some of the comic interludes had more pep—in "Being Small," a boy slave jauntily describes how he hides under his master's house and listens as the master reads the newspaper out loud—but others, like "I Listen," in which a self-described "old biddy" pie maker spies on her Union soldier customers, just fell flat.”
“And Mary Catherine is what that old biddy, Clara of the Bowed Legs and Beehive her hair, who lives in the cottage across the path, calls a navel gazer.”
“I can tell by your obvious ignorance of animal behavior, wild animals (hint, fawns don't run away from approaching threats, they hide) and your excessive use of handwringing emotion-laden hyperbole (vis "nasty old biddy" and, of course, the totally predictable absurd reference to nazis) Perhaps you should run off and have a good cry.”
“CLEAR case of animal cruelty .. lock the old biddy up!!!!!”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘biddy’.
WARNING: VERY EXPLICIT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
funny derogatory names, quotes, phrases.
( open list, randomness, ad hom, ad hominem )
buttfucking quitter, dirty sanchez, donkey punch, falcon punch, assbadger, unicorn turd, assclown, fudgenut, quackery, friggin homo, buttmuncher, jackwagon and 274 more...
Outlawed words and books, like this.
Maids of all stripes.
Words and phrases from Jonathan Stroud's book, Ptolemy's Gate.
Economists like to cite "buggy whip maker" as an example of a profession whose career prospects were dimmed, and ultimately quenched, by the inexorable march of technological progress. This is a li...
Odd-sounding chicken breeds & chicken-related words
Both derogatory and conciliatory.
Looking for tweets for biddy.