from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An adult male chicken.
- n. An adult male of other birds.
- n. A person regarded as cocky or pugnacious.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A male domestic fowl, Gallus gallus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The male of the domestic fowl; a cock.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The male of the domestic hen; a cock, as distinguished from the female or hen.
- n. Any bird that roosts; a percher. See Insessores.
- n. In lumbering, same as goose-neck, 4 .
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. adult male chicken
roost + -er (Wiktionary)