from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that fries, as a deep utensil usually equipped with a basket and used for frying foods.
- n. A small young chicken suitable for frying.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A container for frying food.
- n. A young chicken suitable for frying; a pullet
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Something or someone that fries.
- n. A young chicken or other food item suitable to be cooked by frying.
- n. A pot equipped with a removable basket, designed to be used for frying objects; -- also called deep fryer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which fries.
- n. A bird, a fish, or the like, intended or suitable for frying. Compare roaster.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. flesh of a medium-sized young chicken suitable for frying
fry + -er (Wiktionary)