from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To provide with new wiring: rewired the old house.
- intransitive v. To install new wiring.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To replace or reconnect the wires of a device or installation.
- v. To change the functionality of something by altering the parameters or logic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. provide with new wiring
re- + wire (Wiktionary)