from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that roasts.
- n. A special pan or apparatus for roasting.
- n. Something, especially a young chicken, that is fit for roasting.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who roasts food.
- n. A kitchen utensil used for roasting.
- n. A chicken, pig, etc. suitable for roasting.
- n. One who roasts or banters, especially as a comedy routine.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who roasts meat.
- n. A contrivance for roasting.
- n. A pig, or other article of food fit for roasting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which roasts: as, a meat-roaster.
- n. Specifically, the finishing-furnace in the Leblanc process of making ball-soda.
- n. A pig or other animal or article fit for roasting.
- n. A muffle or furnace used for roastingore, usually of the reverberatory type; specifically, the furnace in which blister-copper is produced.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a special cooking pan for roasting
- n. a harsh or humorous critic (sometimes intended as a facetious compliment)
- n. a cook who roasts food
- n. flesh of a large young chicken over 3 1/2 lb suitable for roasting
roast + -er (Wiktionary)