from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who bastes.
- n. A tool for basting meat with fat or gravy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who bastes or beats with a stick.
- n. A blow with a stick or other weapon.
- n. One who bastes meat.
- n. One who bastes or joins the parts of a garment loosely with long stitches; also, an attachment to a sewing-machine used for basting.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a tube with a rubber bulb used to take up and release melted fat or gravy in order to moisten roasting meat
- n. a cook who bastes roasting meat with melted fat or gravy
- n. a sewer who fastens a garment with long loose stitches
baste + -er. (Wiktionary)