from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Mythology A male being, often the offspring of a god and a mortal, who has some but not all of the powers of a god.
- n. Mythology An inferior deity; a minor god.
- n. Mythology A deified man.
- n. A person who is highly honored or revered.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A half-god or hero; the offspring of a deity and a mortal.
- n. A lesser deity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A half god, or an inferior deity; a fabulous hero, the offspring of a deity and a mortal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An inferior or minor deity; one partaking of the divine nature; specifically, a fabulous hero produced by the intercourse of a deity with a mortal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who is part mortal and part god
- n. a person with great powers and abilities
Sorry, no etymologies found.