from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who finds customers for a prostitute; a procurer.
- intransitive v. To serve as a procurer of prostitutes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. five in Cumbrian and Welsh sheep counting
- n. A person who solicits customers for prostitution and acts as manager for prostitutes; a panderer.
- n. A man who can easily attract women.
- v. To act as a procurer of prostitutes; to pander.
- v. To prostitute someone.
- v. To excessively customize something, especially a vehicle, according to ghetto standards (also pimp out).
- v. To ask progressively harder and ultimately unanswerable questions of a resident or medical student (by a senior member of the medical staff).
- v. To promote, to tout.
- v. To persuade, smooth talk or trick another into doing something for your benefit.
- adj. excellent, fashionable, stylish
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who provides gratification for the lust of others; a procurer; a pander.
- intransitive v. To procure women for the gratification of others' lusts; to pander.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who provides others with the means and opportunity of gratifying their lusts; a pander.
- To provide for others the means of gratifying lust; pander.
- n. A small bavin. See the quotation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. arrange for sexual partners for others
- n. someone who procures customers for whores (in England they call a pimp a ponce)
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)