American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One who finds customers for a prostitute; a procurer.
- v. To serve as a procurer of prostitutes.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who provides others with the means and opportunity of gratifying their lusts; a pander.
- To provide for others the means of gratifying lust; pander.
- n. A small bavin. See the quotation.
- n. five in Cumbrian and Welsh sheep counting
- n. A person who solicits customers for prostitution and acts as manager for prostitutes; a panderer.
- n. A man who can easily attract women.
- v. intransitive To act as a procurer of prostitutes; to pander.
- v. transitive To prostitute someone.
- v. transitive, US, African American Vernacular To excessively customize something, especially a vehicle, according to ghetto standards (also pimp out).
- v. transitive, medicine, slang To ask progressively harder and ultimately unanswerable questions of a resident or medical student (by a senior member of the medical staff).
- v. transitive, US, slang To promote, to tout.
- v. slang To persuade, smooth talk or trick another into doing something for your benefit.
- adj. slang excellent, fashionable, stylish
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who provides gratification for the lust of others; a procurer; a pander.
- v. To procure women for the gratification of others' lusts; to pander.
- v. arrange for sexual partners for others
- n. someone who procures customers for whores (in England they call a pimp a ponce)
- Origin unknown. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Cooper, who coined the term "pimp culture," explained how the pimp becomes the "daddy, the husband.”
“I'm no prude by a long shot, but the term pimp when used in the context of 'improving' something really needs to go.”
“It was black, except for the word pimp printed in white letters.”
“ "He would get it and just take it to the bank, or go and hang out at what they call pimp parties.”
“Barbee allegedly beat the women with a leather riding crop, which he called his "pimp hand," prosecutors said.”
“What might surpirise you, "pimp," is how many people agree with her wholeheartedly.”
“Fox News/Saudi-royals conservative pimp is a felon!”
“About as close as Jimmy will ever be to a pimp is those pimples.”
“The only thing that says pimp is the cheesy faux fur.”
“The rest of the song will explain in more detail the nuances of all that we have both been talking about, how a pimp is not just superfly with a feather but could also be a whole system of abuse, but I m curious if this offends you. .because I hear what you are saying, but also know how i feel is pretty strong and personally lived.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘pimp’.
as a youth I, and some others, made a pen-and-paper RPG, based in contemporary crime and suspense fiction + nonfiction, set in America's blighted urban centers, anonymous slurbs, and godforsaken hi...
Words or Sayings from the 1920's or whatever that no one really uses anymore (at least in that context).
Legal glossary with special focus on courtroom vocabulary
List of words referent to persons who commit specific crimes, or are suspected of committing those crimes, beginning with arsonist and safecracker.
Check out reesetee's nice Bad Guys l...
Clothing styles & subcultures...
words most foul
I marvel at the amazing variety of four-letter words in the English language. And that's not even counting really common (to me) words like fuck.
I love words, especially the ones I make up with my friends.
Words that I use regularly and consider mine.
Interesting words and usages from Smollett's 1749 translation of Lesage's L'Histoire de Gil Blas de Santillane
Words that mean "cool" around the world and through the ages.
I haven't seen this show in forever, but I used to watch reruns all the time.
Looking for tweets for pimp.