from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who finds customers for a prostitute; a procurer.
- intransitive v. To serve as a procurer of prostitutes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who solicits customers for prostitution and acts as manager for prostitutes; a panderer.
- n. A man who can easily attract women.
- v. To act as a procurer of prostitutes; to pander.
- v. To prostitute someone.
- v. To excessively customize something, especially a vehicle, according to ghetto standards (also pimp out).
- v. To ask progressively harder and ultimately unanswerable questions of a resident or medical student (by a senior member of the medical staff).
- v. To promote, to tout.
- v. To persuade, smooth talk or trick another into doing something for your benefit.
- adj. excellent, fashionable, stylish
- n. five in Cumbrian and Welsh sheep counting
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who provides gratification for the lust of others; a procurer; a pander.
- intransitive v. To procure women for the gratification of others' lusts; to pander.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To provide for others the means of gratifying lust; pander.
- n. One who provides others with the means and opportunity of gratifying their lusts; a pander.
- n. A small bavin. See the quotation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. arrange for sexual partners for others
- n. someone who procures customers for whores (in England they call a pimp a ponce)
Cooper, who coined the term "pimp culture," explained how the pimp becomes the "daddy, the husband."
I'm no prude by a long shot, but the term pimp when used in the context of 'improving' something really needs to go.
It was black, except for the word pimp printed in white letters.
"He would get it and just take it to the bank, or go and hang out at what they call pimp parties."
Barbee allegedly beat the women with a leather riding crop, which he called his "pimp hand," prosecutors said.
What might surpirise you, "pimp," is how many people agree with her wholeheartedly.
Fox News/Saudi-royals conservative pimp is a felon!
About as close as Jimmy will ever be to a pimp is those pimples.
The only thing that says pimp is the cheesy faux fur.
The rest of the song will explain in more detail the nuances of all that we have both been talking about, how a pimp is not just superfly with a feather but could also be a whole system of abuse, but I m curious if this offends you. .because I hear what you are saying, but also know how i feel is pretty strong and personally lived.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.