American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A man given to lechery.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A man given to lewdness; one who is grossly unchaste; a habitual libertine.
- To practise lewdness; indulge in lust.
- n. A lecherous person (almost always male).
- v. To practice lewdness.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A man given to lewdness; one addicted, in an excessive degree, to the indulgence of sexual desire, or to illicit sexual relations with women; also called
- v. To practice lewdness.
- n. man with strong sexual desires
- From Middle English lechour, from Old French lecheor ("glutton, sensualist, libertine") , from lecher ("to lick, live in gluttony or sensuality"). (Wiktionary)
- Middle English, from Old French lecheor, from lechier, to lick, to live in debauchery, of Germanic origin; see leigh- in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Falstaff (Christopher Benjamin), that grasping old lecher, is beaten, ridiculed and generally humiliated as usual.”
“Of the world's ample types of miscreant — the hypocrite, the lecher, the glutton, the miser, the charlatan and many others — my preference is overwhelmingly for the charlatan.”
“June 29th, 2009 4: 11 pm ET another lecher .... kudos America ... you really know how to pick 'em”
“In Saul Bellow's "Humboldt's Gift," the narrator describes himself as an "idiotic old lecher" who is "leaving two children to follow an obvious gold digger to corrupt Europe.”
“She is gray and scaly and trusting some lecher more than she trusts Dick.”
“Unfortunately it's not against the law to be an old lecher.”
“He was a liar and a lecher, and his writings about Africa are laden with a kind of me-bwana–you-noble-savage colonialism that does not wear well.”
“Osborne then escalated it like a sad lecher who takes every joking comment seriously.”
“Darrell Hammond played Bill Clinton as lecher in chief.”
“And that was when the elemental orator named the herds as they passed, the epic poet, the voyeur, the lecher.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘lecher’.
A Russian Doll word is a word that, when you remove the first and last letters, is either the empty string, or a Russian Doll word. These are all of the 6 or more letter Russian Doll words found in...
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
already several of these lists, but I wanted my own
As requested by bilby - http://wordie.org/lists/11872
Words taken from I, Claudius by Robert Graves.
Words as I learn them.
Words gathered while reading Portnoy's Complaint by Philip Roth.
Looking for tweets for lecher.