from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A man given to lechery.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A lecherous person (almost always male).
- v. To practice lewdness.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A man given to lewdness; one addicted, in an excessive degree, to the indulgence of sexual desire, or to illicit sexual relations with women; also called letch and lech.
- intransitive v. To practice lewdness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A man given to lewdness; one who is grossly unchaste; a habitual libertine.
- To practise lewdness; indulge in lust.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. man with strong sexual desires
Middle English, from Old French lecheor, from lechier, to lick, to live in debauchery, of Germanic origin; see leigh- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Middle English lechour, from Old French lecheor ("glutton, sensualist, libertine") , from lecher ("to lick, live in gluttony or sensuality"). (Wiktionary)