from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. one who fails to fulfill an obligation or perform a task, especially a legal or financial one.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who makes default; one who fails to appear in court when court when called.
- n. One who fails to perform a duty; a delinquent; particularly, one who fails to account for public money intrusted to his care; a peculator; a defalcator.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who makes default; one who fails to fulfil an obligation or a duty of any kind; especially, one who fails to appear in court when required, or to pay a debt when due, or to make proper returns of funds intrusted to his care.
- n. In the British service, a soldier accused of a military offense.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a contestant who forfeits a match
- n. someone who fails to make a required appearance in court
- n. someone who fails to meet a financial obligation
Sorry, no etymologies found.