from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that manufactures or sells salt.
- n. One that treats meat, fish, or other foods with salt.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who makes, sells, or applies salt.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who makes, sells, or applies salt; one who salts meat or fish.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who makes, sells, or deals in salt.
- n. A drysalter. The incorporated salters, or drysalters, of London form one of the city livery companies.
- n. One who salts meat or fish.
- n. A trout about leaving salt water to ascend a stream.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who uses salt to preserve meat or fish or other foods
- n. someone who makes or deals in salt
Sorry, no etymologies found.