from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that is absent.
- adj. Of or relating to one that is absent.
- adj. Not in residence: absentee landlords. See Usage Note at -ee1.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One that is nonextistent or lacking.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who absents himself from his country, office, post, or duty; especially, a landholder who lives in another country or district than that where his estate is situated.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is absent; more narrowly, one who withdraws from his country, office, estate, post, duty, or the like.
- n. In law, one who is without the jurisdiction of a particular court or judge.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one that is absent or not in residence
absent + -ee (Wiktionary)