from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not living in a particular place: nonresident students who commute to classes.
- adj. Chiefly New England Of or relating to real estate owned by persons who are resident only in the summer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. not resident; alien; foreign; not residing in the place in question
- n. one who is not a resident; an alien; a foreigner
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not residing in a particular place, on one's own estate, or in one's proper place.
- n. A nonresident person; one who does not reside in the State or jurisdiction.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not residing within the jurisdiction.
- Not residing on one's own estate, in one's pastorate, or in one's proper place: as, a non-resident clergyman or land-owner.
- n. One who does not reside within the jurisdiction.
- n. One who does not reside on his own lands or in the place where his official duties require, as a clergyman who lives away from his cure.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not living in a particular place or owned by permanent residents
- n. someone who does not live in a particular place
Sorry, no etymologies found.