from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- The symbol for the element vanadium.
- Electricity The symbol for potential difference.
- The symbol for the Roman numeral 5.
- abbr. velocity
- abbr. victory
- abbr. vocative
- abbr. volt
- abbr. volume
- abbr. vowel
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The twenty-second letter of the basic modern Latin alphabet.
- n. The volt in the International System of Units.
- n. Symbol for vanadium.
- n. The Roman numeral for 5.
- n. IUPAC 1-letter abbreviation for valine
- n. The twenty-second letter of the English alphabet, called vee and written in the Latin script.
- The resin identification code for polyvinyl chloride, also PVC
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Î¦0, x V (p) iff x² V² (p) for all atomic programs Ï
Neither V nor V* can discriminate the relevant sorts of cracks from the relevant sort of shadows, but according to Burge this is not sufficient to make their contents the same.
-- The persons are, accordingly, symmetrical throughout; the action is so until past the dolphins (VIII: VIII¹); the drapery only in II: II¹, and in VI, V, IV: IV¹, V¹, VI¹; and the weapons not at all.
V: V¹, so in VI: VI¹, persons, action, and arrangement, are closely symmetrical, while a graceful variety and harmony is effected by so modifying each of these elements as to repeat scarcely a detail in the several corresponding figures.
The action is symmetrical throughout, although not exactly the same in V: V¹.
As for Mary V-- oh, well, Mary V was very young and
It joins Virgin Media's existing receiver line-up, alongside the basic V Box and the V+ HD Box incorporating HD capability with a personal video recorder.
- We've taken a look at a handful of drives from Kingston's V and V+ Series of solid state drives, and this time around we actually have the smallest capacity drive on hand.
My question: I know most SSD will blow me away with performance, but will a SATA 3 Crucial drive be that much faster than say a cheap Kingston V or V+ series?
This one should directly compete with Kingston's V and V+ series 40GB drives which should retail at around €90.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.