from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang An abscess caused by injecting an illegal drug, usually heroin.
- n. Slang An abdominal muscle. Often used in the plural.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An abscess caused by injecting an illegal drug, usually heroin.
- abbr. abort or abortion
- abbr. about
- n. The early stages of; the beginning process; the start.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The fifth month of the Jewish year according to the ecclesiastical reckoning, the eleventh by the civil computation, coinciding nearly with August.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The eleventh month of the Jewish civil year, and the fifth of the ecclesiastical year, answering to a part of July and a part of August. In the Syriac calendar Ab is the last summer month.
- n. A prefix of Latin origin, denoting disjunction, separation, or departure, off, from, away, etc., as in abduct, abjure, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a bachelor's degree in arts and sciences
- n. the muscles of the abdomen
- n. the blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens
- n. the eleventh month of the civil year; the fifth month of the ecclesiastical year in the Jewish calendar (in July and August)
Abbreviation of abscess. (Wiktionary)
Abbreviations, see definitions. (Wiktionary)
From the spelling books and the fact that it was the first of the letter combinations. (Wiktionary)