from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A quadrangle or court, as of a prison; a prison.
- n. Confinement in a prison.
- v. Quoth.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A quadrangle or court, as of a prison; hence, a prison.
- v. Quoth; said. See quoth.
- transitive v. To put in quod, or prison; to lock up; to jug.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An obsolete form of quoth.
- See quad, 2.
First attested circa 1700. Origin unknown. (Wiktionary)