from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A suffix of French, or more remotely of Latin origin, ultimately the same as -ate and -ed, forming the termination of the perfect passive participle, and indicating the object of an action.
- noun An eye.
- noun A diminutive termination, occurring in bootee, goatee, etc. The diminutive force is less obvious in settee, which may be regarded as a diminutive of sett-le.
- noun A common English digraph, of Middle English origin, having now the sound of “long” e, namely, ē.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- interjection Northern England
- noun Scotland An
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word ee.
This yoong man, Muster Wharton, as is goin 'round so free, promisin' yer the sun out o 'the sky, iv yer'll only vote for' im, so th 'men say -- _ee_ don't coom an' set down along o 'you an' me, an 'cocker of us up as ee do Joe Simmons or Jim Hurd here.
«s, d. coronam, in area st. * ma ee pileus, intra equi pedes ee* -
Lexicon vniversae rei nvmariae vetervm et praecipve Graecorvm ac Romanorvm cvm observationibvs antiqvariis geographicis chronologicis historicis criticis et passim cvm explicatione monogrammatvm edidit Io. Christophorvs Rasche
Waterboarding, as done by the CIA, as reverse-engineered from SERE training, does indeed fill the oronasal passages with water, causing asphyxiation as the waterboard-ee is unable to inspire.
Unfortunately, dropping the g changes the pronunciation of the whole last syllable. ee jee ann lee ann ee is a long e sound. ann is something between “an” and the “en” in end.
Sum yeers ago, wehn Canada still had teh Armee in Germanee an Frawnce, we wud go to teh Canadian PX an get bagz full ov awl kinds ov Twynings – fur reel cheep!
bwavo - Lolcats 'n' Funny Pictures of Cats - I Can Has Cheezburger?
LOOSE MY (– EYES – background layer), mind oh-ver tha fact that she – ee – ee is my best, .. my-my-my very best frie-end, … always like ALWAYS WHO IS THE ONE WHO IS ALWAYS FUN TO BE A-ROUND, … AND WHEN-EV-ER IT SOUNDS LIKE MY, … … JASS IS SINGING, … ..
Lord Maxwell ee's givin 'her a fine pension, my word ee is! an' says ee'll look after Johnnie.
I once read that a good method is to round your lips & try to say 'ee' - that gets pretty close to it -
I once read that a good method is to round your lips & try to say 'ee' - that gets pretty close to it - [[User: Ro Thorpe | Ro Thorpe]] 00: 01, 28 November 2008 (UTC): Yup, I remember poor Mr. Neumeister (such a French name!) telling the poor yokel to do it that way (I think), to no avail.
I once read that a good method is to round your lips & try to say 'ee' - that gets pretty close to it - [[User: Ro Thorpe | Ro Thorpe]] 00: 01, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
mollusque commented on the word ee
Scottish dialect for "eye".
December 6, 2007