Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The early form of oak, preserved (through the shortening of the vowel before two consonants) in certain place-names (whence surnames): as, Acton [⟨ AS. Āctū n], literally, oak-town, or dwelling among the oaks: Acley or Ackley, also Oakley [⟨ AS. Ācleá], literally, oak-lea.
- n. A prefix, assimilated form of ad- before c and q, as in accede, acquire, etc.; also an accommodated form of other prefixes, as in accurse, accloy, accumber, etc. See these words.
- n. An adjective-suffix of Greek or Latin origin, as in cardiac, maniac, iliac, etc. It is always preceded by -i- and, like -ic, may take the additional suffix -al.
- etc. Points of flexure in the heating curves of iron and steel. The point ac1 on heating is the same as ar1 on cooling, etc.
- conj. obsolete, dialectal, Scotland But.
- account; money of account
- air conditioning
- electricity alternating current
- medicine ante cibum, before meals
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. acron. an electric current that reverses direction sinusoidally. Alternative to
direct curent, DC.
- n. a radioactive element of the actinide series; found in uranium ores
- n. an electric current that reverses direction sinusoidally
- From Middle English, ac, oc, from Old English ac, oc ("but, for, because", conjunction), from Proto-Germanic *ak (“but, moveover”). (Wiktionary)
“My script is: - while (1) ac = ExternalPowered () if (\% ac\% = 1)”
“In such an ac - tion the daughter cannot be a witness to prove a previous promise o£ marriage in aggravation of damages, for she has a right to her own ac« tion for breach of that promise.”
“ac putaram paulo secus' and _Fam_ XIV iv 5 '_atque ego_, qui te confirmo, ipse me non possum', and instances of _ac tamen_ at _Fam_ VII xxiii 1, Caesar _BC_ III 87 4, and Tac _Ann_ III 72.”
“Get thee to a wiki - the great API challenge in ac ...”
“Cristiano Ronaldo is Going To FC Real Madrid For 80 Million Pounds (94 Million €) [HD] absolutely real really news of england man u tv 11.06.2009 the portuguese football player portugal spanish after kaka ac milan 65 million euro s euros euro´s Drag to Playlist”
“En de mo 'Hannibal studied 'bout it de mo' madder he got, 'tel he fin'ly swo' he wuz gwine ter git eben wid Jeff en Chloe ef it wuz de las 'ac'.”
“As I passed her she glanced up with tear-dimmed eyes, murmuring the customary salutation: "Bonjour d'ac'h, m'sieu!”
“Mr. Landy Wilde had to hole he nose while he in dyah; an 'he say he'll git de ole jedge to come an' ac 'as my council.”
“Vehicle comes with features such as ac, am/fm stereo cassette, cruise control, pwr.”
“Roedd yna cystadlu brwd eleni eto gyda'r ffefrynnau arferol wrth gwrs o ganu a llefaru a'r testunau'n adnabyddus fel hen ganeuon traddodiadol fel, "Dacw Mam yn dwad," ac "Ar hyd y nos" gyda darnau megis "Mae'n bwrw glaw" a "Ffrindiau Mawr a Bach" ar gyfer yr adroddwyr.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘ac’.
Words with definitions that contain the word "literally."
Definitions with a whence in them.
Name Sym # Wt
actinium Ac 89 (227)
aluminum Al 13 26.98
americium Am 95 (243)
antimony Sb 51 121.7
argon Ar 18 39.94
arsenic As 33 74.92
Some semblances strange & others nearer, dearer, yet more familiar... . .
Seventy two-letter words that are not in The Official Scrabble Players Dictionary, 4th edition (compared to 101 that are in OSPD4, as listed by robotjohnny.) Most are found as headwords in larger d...
Looking for tweets for ac.