from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- Alternative capitalization of DC
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an electric current that flows in one direction steadily
- n. the district occupied entirely by the city of Washington; chosen by George Washington as the site of the capital of the United States and created out of land ceded by Maryland and Virginia
Sorry, no etymologies found.
On trouTera Vers la fin dc la Preface quelques reflexions fur les Druides dc»
Focalóir gaoidhilge-sax-bhéarla, or An Irish-English dictionary. Whereof the Irish part hath been compiled not only from various Irish vocabularies, particularly that of Mr. Edward Lhuyd; but also from a great variety of the best Irish manuscripts now extant ..
ThinkProgress can only do 12 things at once. well, they only have three postings today, the first one about the human rights commission and d.c. fails to mention a more significant finding of the same commission regarding the war-crimes of the bush administration. i guess we can debate whether a congressperson in dc is more significant in the long run than the world community again telling us that we have a psychopath in the white houseâ€ ¦ and, in general, i have seen several comments on their lack of coverage on the israeli invasion of lebanon. i just have to wonder why, thatâ€ ™ s allâ€ ¦
Does any one know of any good resources in dc for adult literacy materials?
Corporate insurance salespeople are making a LOT of false and misleading claims. mike in dc says:
Perhaps he can have a night at the Blair House as well. — nonsense in dc
Blago will announce his resignation; given his track record, this notion seems fanciful, at best! — nonsense in dc
REAL AMERICAN CITIZENS are fed up with the malignancy of corruption in dc!
September 8th, 2009 7: 28 pm ET snowe is just one of the 98% in dc who DO NOT represent the people! bozo the obama
There is probably only 10% of the politicians in dc that I would half way trust and the other 90% are merely the scum of the earth!
Screw those un-American Republican Nazis and get on with the bill already. disgusted in dc
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.