from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- The symbol for the element silver.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Symbol for silver.
- abbr. August
- abbr. Alternative spelling of Ag..
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Assimilated form of Latin ad- before g. See ad-.
- In chem., the symbol for silver.
- n. In astronomy, an abbreviation of Argentine General Catalogue (of stars).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal; occurs in argentite and in free form; used in coins and jewelry and tableware and photography
From Latin argentum, silver; see argent.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin argentum ("silver"). (Wiktionary)