from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One of a series of sharp turns or reversals: many zigs and zags in the mountain road; the zigs and zags of the stock market.
- intransitive v. To turn or change direction suddenly. Usually used in contrast to zig: The runner zigged when he should have zagged.
- intransitive v. To behave erratically or indecisively. Usually used with zig: zigging and zagging for years over the question of disarmament.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One of a series of sharp turns or reversals.
- v. to move with a sharp turn or reversal
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an angular shape characterized by sharp turns in alternating directions
The chevron, or zig-zag, which is not always single, but often duplicated, triplicated, or quadrupled.
Of the main characters, Tilda Swinton’s never quite makes that zag, which is a shame because she’s an incredible actor.
The road is one big long zig-zag which is kinda fun-but probably not that fun for the bus driver!
A brilliant little "zag" turned into a series of seemingly endless pot-shots, which I (and perhaps some others) found a little overly tedious and adolescent in nature.
I love zig and zag, living in a big city I am not sure if I even know what they are entirely, I assume related to turkeys.
Overall action is a big zig zag toward the fisherman.
The self-cleaning, stepped shoulder blocks provide enhanced traction in deep mud and snow while the high-angled center tread blocks and zig-zag microgrooves deliver improved lateral stability and traction in rain and snow -- all while reducing road noise.
FUNDAMENTALS OF INVESTING These measurements can aid in the hunt for assets that zig when others zag, thereby reducing portfolio volatility.
The Wall took an often silly zig-zag course through Berlin — like a gerrymandered election district.
Leuk dat jullie spel zo uitpakt, het zag er erg intens uit.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.