American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A programming language widely used for systems programming.
- The symbol for the element carbon.
- The symbol for the Roman numeral one hundred.
- The symbol for the speed of light in a vacuum.
- The symbol for capacitance.
- The symbol for charge conjugation.
- abbr. Celsius.
- abbr. centigrade.
- abbr. Physics charm
- abbr. cold.
- abbr. consonant.
- abbr. coulomb.
- abbr. cytosine.
- n. The third letter of the basic modern Latin alphabet.
- n. mathematics cardinal number one hundred (100).
- n. chemistry Carbon.
- n. metrology Symbol for the coulomb, an SI unit of electric charge.
- n. slang Cocaine.
- n. computing The digit for 12.
- n. genetics IUPAC 1-letter abbreviation for any cytosine
- n. biochemistry IUPAC 1-letter abbreviation for cysteine
- n. stock symbol Symbol for the company Citigroup Inc on the NYSE
- n. mathematics differentiable class
- n. mathematics denotes the constant of integration
- n. The third letter of the English alphabet, called cee and written in the Latin script.
- n. The ordinal number third, derived from this letter of the English alphabet, called cee and written in the Latin script.
- n. A standard size of dry cell battery between A and D.
- n. music Guitar chord – C – Played 0 1 0 2 3 0.
- n. slang $100; a c-note.
- n. music The first note in the C chromatic and major scales.
- n. An academic grade better than a D and worse than a B.
- n. A particular high-level programming language from which many others are derived.
- n. UK Head of the Secret Intelligence Service.
- A standardization of Ɔ and C because the latter happens to be an abbreviation of Latin centum ("hundred"), from abbreviation of ƆIC, an alternate form of >IX and I), from the practice of designating each tenth X notch with an extra cut. (Wiktionary)
“C influenced the design of many languages (including C++), and C++ in turn has influenced the design of many other languages (including C# and Java), but that doesn't mean you have to learn C or C++ first -- there's nothing particularly "basic" about these languages.”
“You can develop in the widest variety of languages for this platform - C, C++, C#, Java, ARM assembly, Pocket C, and Visual Basic (just to name some off the top of my head).”
“FHHMMOO55557799@@ > > > BBBGGIIKK" [b] -64; C = "C@ =:: C@@ = = @ =: C@ =: C@ =: C5" "31 / 513 / 5131 /”
“Topping the list of the top 10 technology skills in demand for Wall Street firms are programming expertise in the C, C++ and C# languages.”
“The Linux IDE package makes it easier for Eclipse developers to use a tool chain for building C/C++ applications for Linux, Eclipse said.”
“People may recall that things like UNIX, C, C++, S came from there.”
“Overall, though, I'd give the movie a C, maybe a C+.”
“As for the 3D rotation, I remember about 20 years ago, Silicon Graphics doing a presentation with a 3D graphics authoring C or C++ language extension package--oh, right, it was OpenGL.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘C’.
carbon (C), Assigned Amounts ..., Biomass Gasificat..., carbon monoxide (CO), Dobson Unit (DU), Joint Implementat..., Natural Gas (NG), nitric oxide = ni..., ozone (O3), Operational Entit..., Pulverised Coal (PC), terawatt (TW) and 167 more...
Amazed… or awestruck.
You might want to leave a comment with title and artist somewhere. Thanks.
I recently had a discussion with my family on the sex of language. So I was just wondering about y'all's opinions on the gender/sex of American English letters.
Words and phrases expressing a property which they also possess themselves: "noun" is a noun, "English" is English, etc. If W means W AND W is (a) W, then W is an autological item. Very often but n...
I don't have a monkey. But if I did, he/she would be named ...
Life is full of tests and challenges--with our busy schedules, it can be hard to find the time to study. Are you a student bombarded by a pop quiz? A witness testifying about that industrial accide...
Can you think of
1. More letters?
2. More meanings?
(please add in Comment)
See also The Phonetic alphabet by oroboros.
Looking for tweets for C.