American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To catch or seize suddenly or by a sudden thrust and grasp To seize and make off with; as, to
- n. The summit of a mountain or rock; any piece of rising ground: same as knob .
- n. The cock of a gun-lock.
- n. A projecting box screwed to the jamb of a door, or to one door of a pair, to receive the latch or bolt, or both, of a rim-lock.
- n. A hat; a head-covering.
- v. transitive To seize, arrest or take into custody a criminal or fugitive
- v. transitive To grab or snatch something
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Prov. Eng. The summit of an eminence.
- n. (Firearms) The cock of a gunlock.
- n. (Locksmithing) The keeper, or box into which the lock is shot.
- v. colloq. To catch or seize suddenly or unexpectedly.
- v. To capture; to arrest.
- v. tag the base runner to get him out
- v. take into custody
- v. seize suddenly
- Perhaps variant of dialectal nap, to seize, probably of Scandinavian origin. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The word nabî 'expresses more especially a function.”
“Once the gas has been pumped and the windows washed, the creatures want to be paid and the only thing they can nab from the guy that’s of value is the camera he’d been snapping pictures of them with.”
“Von Hoff and his team also are conducting clinical trials that combine gemcitabine with another anti-cancer drug called nab-paclitaxel.”
“The company's portfolio includes chemotherapeutic compound (ABRAXANE), which is based on the company's proprietary tumor targeting technology known as the nab® platform.”
“(ABRAXANE) which is based on its proprietary tumor targeting system known as the nab ™”
“The company's portfolio includes the world's first and only protein-bound nanoparticle chemotherapeutic compound (ABRAXANE®), which is based on the company's proprietary tumor targeting technology known as the nab® platform.”
“ABRAXANE uses a novel technology called nab®-Technology to deliver the drug paclitaxel to the tumor site.”
“The Company's portfolio includes the world's first and only protein-bound chemotherapeutic compound (ABRAXANE®), which is based on the Company's proprietary tumor targeting technology known as the nab ™ platform.”
“I'm quite perplexed that the ad execs didn't think through the negative connotations of 'nab'; it's the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the new signs and letterhead.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘nab’.
A list of English words that are three letters long.
Significant Words- Guiding you on your path to Snazzibility
Words and phrases from Lynn Flewelling's book, Stalking Darkness.
short, sweet, epic, catchy, sassy, sexy & sizzling.
( personal list, randomness )
These are words my mom uses when no one else knows what they mean!
to get a project ..., to pull the plug, sales went throug..., our competition i..., a well-placed idi..., to think outside ..., rally the troops, step up to the plate, nooks and crannies, nab, to shake things up, rain check and 2 more...
Looking for tweets for nab.