American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A mass or coating of fine, light fibers, hairs, or particles; down: the fuzz on a peach.
- v. To cover with fine, light fibers, hairs, or particles.
- v. To make blurred or indistinct: fuzzing the difference between the two candidates; worked quickly to fuzz up the details of the scandal.
- v. To become blurred or obscure.
- n. Slang The police.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Fine downy particles, as on the surface of some fruits, as the peach; loose fibers, as on the surface of cloth, or separated from it by friction; loose volatile matter.
- n. A puffball; a fuzzball.
- To fly off in minute particles.
- To intoxicate; fuddle; fuzzle.
- n. A frizzy mass of hair or fibre.
- n. A blurred image.
- n. computing The random data used in fuzz testing.
- v. transitive Make fuzzy.
- v. intransitive Become fuzzy.
- n. slang, dated, with "the" The police.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. obsolete To make drunk.
- n. Fine, light particles or fibers; loose, volatile matter.
- v. To fly off in minute particles.
- n. uncomplimentary terms for a policeman
- n. a hazy or indistinct representation
- n. filamentous hairlike growth on a plant
- n. the first beard of an adolescent boy
- Unknown (Wiktionary)
- Perhaps back-formation from fuzzy.Origin unknown. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“What the fuzz is all about the man himself said he didnt deserved it.”
“I strongly recommend everyone to go and read the complete series so you can understand what the fuzz is all about.”
“Given all the resources that hes got plus Ridley as a mentor, I think all fuzz is overated.”
“The S pitch of a fuzz is posted outside, only across a building signifying which this was his handiwork.”
“That little dark bit that looks like left-over fuzz is actually a bit of string wound on and glued down.”
“This particular bundle of fuzz is so ludicrously charming that he managed to draw a crowd out in the parking lot where we met for the exchange.”
“Howard doesn't know the gig's a phony, and either calls the fuzz or doesn't call the fuzz.”
“UG's resident aussie / leb maybe try the moen fuzz. good price for a decent pedal. just looked it up and its called the fuzz moo. when you go back to the store, plug in a big muff and turn the tone knob all the way to the right and see if it doesn't fit the bill.”
“It looks like the white fuzz is going to take out the rest of the world that’s left.”
“April 9th, 2010 at 9: 28 pm tombaker says: fuzz is a-political. that’s why he’s always here.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘fuzz’.
Okay guys let me get a visual of you all. Let me know what you carry on your cheeks... anything goes. Slang, Metaphors, you name that thing.
Lets put Axioms about beards in there to.
Words that are fun to say....
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favorite word" and adds it to this list.
grabbable, retuiteando, leaving, fantastic, absolutely, kurwa, hella, ridic, underpass, hate, interlude, plush and 2369 more...
Okay, I admit it. I made a list of words my daughter knew when she was two years old.
Words coined or popularized during the Roaring '20s.
Weird words that are weird
Looking for tweets for fuzz.