from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person who wears a blue uniform, especially a police officer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A traditional dress code at certain prestigious British schools
- n. A soldier or officer in the Union army during the American Civil War
- n. A policeman
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One dressed in blue, as a soldier, a sailor, a beadle, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A person who wears a blue coat, especially as a uniform or livery.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person dressed all in blue (as a soldier or sailor)
blue + coat (Wiktionary)