from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A large lead shot for shotgun shells, used especially in hunting big game.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. lead shot used in shotgun cartridges
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A coarse leaden shot, larger than swan shot, used in hunting deer and large game.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A large size of shot, so named from its use in killing deer.
- n. A lava of granulated structure, occurring in Australia, embedded in sandy alluvium.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small lead shot for shotgun shells
From buck + shot. (Wiktionary)