from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of a widespread group of South American Indian peoples of south-central Chile and the western pampas of Argentina, including the Mapuche.
- n. The family of languages spoken by the Araucanians.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Mapuche
- n. Mapudungun
- adj. Mapuche
- adj. Mapudungun-language
- adj. Mapuche language family
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Araucania, a territory in the southern part of Chili, mainly comprised in the modern provinces of Arauco and Valdivia.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Araucania.
Spanish araucano, from Arauco, a former region of southern Chile.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)