Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or relating to Liberia, a country on the western coast of Africa, colonized with liberated Africans by the American Colonization Society (beginning in 1822), and made a republic in 1847.
- n. An inhabitant of Liberia.
- n. A person from Liberia or of Liberian descent.
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to Liberia or the Liberian people.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of or pertaining to Liberia.
- adj. of or pertaining to the inhabitants of Liberia.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Liberia.
- adj. of or relating to Liberia or its people
- n. a native or inhabitant of Liberia
“LEYMAH GBOWEE, LIBERIAN PEACE ACTIVIST: So (inaudible) today is to send out a signal to the world that we, the Liberian women in Ghana, at this conference, we are fed up with the war, and we are doing this to tell the world we are tired of fighting, the killing of our people.”
“Sunderland in his "Liberian Colonization," _Liberian Bulletin_, No. 16, 18, says this meeting was virtually a failure.”
“THE LIBERIAN PEOPLE HAVE DECIDED, NOT ONCE, BUT TWICE; the TRC's Final Report cannot set aside the Liberian people's verdict.”
“These freed slaves formed an elite group in Liberian society, and, in 1847, formed a government based on that of the United States, naming their capital city after James Monroe, the fifth president of the United States .”
“TheLiberianTimes. com provides the latest Liberian, African, and World News from the most trusted name in Liberian news, now ranked as the #1 most read Liberian news website by Ranking. com.”
“These include the near-endemic white-eyed prinia Prinia leontica (VU), the grey-winged robinchat Cossypha polioptera, lemon dove Columba larvata, Sharp's apalis Apalis sharpei, whitenecked rockfowl Picathartes gymnocephalus (VU) and Nimba flycatcher Melaenornis annamarulae (VU), A detailed account of birds in Liberian Nimba is given in Coston & Curry-Lindahl (1986).”
“A strong central government that can produce jobs, while turning on water and electrical systems is seen as crucial for long-term Liberian peace.”
“The document called the Liberian catalogue of popes puts the beginning of his pontificate in the year 223 and its close in the year 230.”
“Bestsellers from the Guardian shop Liberia presidential election is thrown into chaos by opposition's boycott call Liberian president eyes second term after former warlord's election backing”
“She said the U.S. and Liberia partner on a number of fronts, including promoting democracy and good governance, and she thanked President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf for supporting the program, calling the Liberian leader "a beacon of optimism for Liberians and a model of progress for all Africa.”
Looking for tweets for Liberian.