Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Nicaragua, a republic in Central America, south of Honduras and north of Costa Rica: as, the Nicaraguan lizard.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Nicaragua.
- n. A person from Nicaragua or of Nicaraguan descent.
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to Nicaragua or the people of Nicaragua.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. of or pertaining to Nicaragua.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the inhabitants of Nicaragua.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Nicaragua.
- adj. of or relating to Nicaragua or is people
- n. a native or inhabitant of Nicaragua
“Nicaragua's Ortega registers to run for new term Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega has registered to run for another term in office, ignoring complaints by his opponents that his candidacy violates the Central American country's constitution.”
“In March 1985, Oliver North wrote a top-secret memo proposing the formation of a private foundation called the Nicaraguan Freedom Fund.”
“Ronald Reagan called the Nicaraguan contras "the moral equivalent of the Founding Fathers.”
“Elton's apparently 'not happy', Sharon Osbourne's 'flaming mad' and Rod 'The Toad' Liddle is 'calling Nicaraguan hitmen' (allegedly).”
“The summit also included some uncomfortable moments, such as Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega's blistering 50-minute speech denouncing U.S. imperialism.”
“In recent years, Iran has reached out to other Latin American leftist leaders such as Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega, Cuba's Castro brothers, Bolivian President Evo Morales and Mr. Chavez.”
“To ensure the coffee beans "are evenly dried" Nicaraguan "women rake the fields all day in the hot sun" at drying mills, "McCarthy said.”
“Costa Rica claims Nicaraguan forces crossed into its territory last year during dredging operations in the San Juan river, while Nicaragua accuses its neighbor of “inventing” a border conflict.”
“* US figures agreed to facilitate the sale of arms to Iran the subject of an arms embargo, to secure the release of hostages and to fund Nicaraguan contras.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Nicaraguan’.
It's an odd-looking pattern in English. Please add words if it makes you happy. :) K-POW! Wow @gulyasrobi!
Looking for tweets for Nicaraguan.