Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to the city of Algiers, or to Algeria or its inhabitants.
- n. An inhabitant of the French colony of Algeria, in the north of Africa. The colony was founded in 1834, extends from the Mediterranean southward to the desert of Sahara, and has Tunis and Morocco on its east and west frontiers respectively.
- n. A person from Algeria or of Algerian descent.
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to Algeria or the Algerian people.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of or pertaining to Algeria.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Algeria
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Algeria or its inhabitants
“From 1970 on, he wrote -- and directed and produced -- plays in Algerian dialectal Arabic (when practically no one had attempted literature in dialectal language) following, and preceding, plays, novels and poetry in French.”
“Hamra checkpoint, the main Algerian - Mauritanian border point, is a long drive on extremely difficult roads from the main cluster of refugee camps in Tindouf.”
“U, a 45-year-old Algerian, is alleged to be a terrorist leader who recruited, trained and facilitated operations.”
“The Christian convert is on trial for “practicing non-Muslim religious rites without a license,” a charge that her lawyer says does not exist in Algerian criminal law.”
“Algerian Wine - Specializing in Algerian wine, this site details the best wines from the regions and a very nicely done history of wine production in ... www. chiff.com/wine/africa/maghreb. htm - 26k -”
“One such organization was known as the Algerian Armed Islamic Group, or GIA, and it was the GIA that had brought Agent Scot Harvath to Canada.”
“Rutabagas are especially good in Algerian style cous-cous.”
“Following 1989, there was a hiatus in Czech-Algerian trade relations due to Czech companies concentrating on developed markets and also due to several years of political upheaval in Algeria.”
“This is part of the setting of Bouteflika’s Algeria, and it is the failure of the socio-economic order he has setup, that addresses only macro-level economic and social problems, but fails to address the basic tensions in Algerian society in an effective way.”
“Eight-eyes glued to the plasterboard screen, we witnessed the power of hope amidst prejudice and unreward as the "indigenous" soldiers (aka the Algerian Infantry Division) arrived in France from the colonies to help free their "motherland".”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Algerian’.
variegated armadillos and other asundry bands and stripes
Looking for tweets for Algerian.